I am seated at my desk just trying to write something that would turn into a post and one thing that keeps ringing in my mind is a post to remind all the ladies out there a few things that we actually know but we need reminding of.
So here are 10 things that every girl needs to remember.
1. If there is one thing that I need constant reminder of, is that nothing is permanent. In fact, do you know that everything changes in a month? The problems and the life dilemmas that are making you sad today will be different in a month’s time Susan!
Time changes everything! Maybe you’ll get that call you’ve been waiting for, maybe you’ll meet someone who changes your perspective entirely. Either way, it is bound to change and get better.
2. The 30 shillings eyebrow pencil from Dubois Road is actually better than the one worth 1950 from these cosmetic shops. Stay woke and save your money ladies.
3. Another major one ladies!! People’s lives on social media are NOT real!! But you seem to think they are don’t you Susan? When was the last time you shared a post showing the glaring holes in your life?? NEVER!! Stop comparing yourself and remember people are all the same!
4. If you are into granny pants, then wear granny pants. They are actually healthier for you. Choose comfort over anything. Now I do not mean walk around in your branded “Seng’enge ni Ng’ombe” t-shirt. But societal pressure to keep up with body cons and all those uncomfortable clothes is not worth it.
5. Girls in relationships gain 7 Kgs on average. So if you’re single, just remember you’re winning in life right now. These are actually not my words, see this article by the Huffingtonpost.
6. Another huge one ladies!! Did you know that 99% of tights are actually see-through? So when you wear them with a small t-shirt, the whole world can see everything. Imagine how many people have seen your pants just this year! Think about that.
7. It’s totally OK to have a meltdown. Life isn’t always easy and it always happens that when one thing start to go wrong everything else starts to fall apart. Like they say “when it rains it pours” so when that is the case, cry it out! It makes you HUMAN.
8. If you’ve got oily skin, you’ll suffer from less wrinkles. Yes you may have occasional breakouts and you may have to edit that oily forehead from your selfies but there’s a plus side too.
Side-note: If you do have oily skin like myself, and occasional breakouts on your forehead, I would seriously recommend a mud mask from SEACRET. #NotAnAd
9. Water. Water. Water. I ask a lot of women who look amazing in their forties what their secret is and the common answer happens to be water. Just drink it! Carry it around with you.
10. Finally, nobody on their deathbed ever says they wished they worked more. Any dying regrets will be that they lived fuller lives, loved harder, spent more time with the people they love and embarked on more adventures. Always remember that when you are beating yourself up about your career or lack thereof. Work towards that career but make sure you make happiness is the epicenter of your universe.
If you do have a moment, please watch this YouTube Video